- Race and Racism Observed In UR Sororities
- Global Citizens: How to Integrate a Curriculum
- Dining Discrimination at the University of Richmond
- Lost Cause Ideology, Found at the University of Richmond
- Students of Color in the Messenger
- Westhampton College Traditions
- Racism in UR Fraternities (1947-1985)
- Resistance & Compliance
- The Title IX Controversy at UR
- "Dark Side of College Life"
- Chinese Student Experience
- Student Life and White Supremacy
- George Modlin's Segregated University of Richmond
- Students of Color at UR (1946-1971)
- Performance & Policy
- Silence in the Archives
- Black Student Experience at UR (1970-1992)
- Faculty Response to Institutional and National Change (1968-1973)
- Building the Web
- Something Wrong with the System
- Culture of Complacency
- On Campus but Not Welcomed
- Can I Survive?
- Where I Come From, You Recognize Humanity
- The Damage of the Affirmative Action Myth
- A Feather in Their Cap: The Story of Barry Greene (R'72)
- A Campus Divided
- Freeman Digitally Remastered
- Remembering the Forgotten: Black Staff Members (1946-1971)
- Spider of Color: Korean-American Representation at the University of Richmond
- Theater History at the University of Richmond
- Digital Stories
- Oral History Collection
- Browse Items
- Subjects List
Note "HEW Categories"
Note "HEW Categories"
This undated handwritten note titled “HEW Categories” pertains to the United States Department of Health, Education and Welfare. There is no known creator. The note reads, “1. ‘will do.’ 2. ‘make every effort to accomplish.’ 3. ‘will give consideration to doing it.’ 4. ‘not feasible.’” There are words that are partially erased at the bottom of the note. This note likely relates to suggestions made by HEW to the University of Richmond regarding compliance with the Civil Rights Act of 1964, sometimes between 1968-1972.
Note on “HEW Categories”, undated, RG 6.2.5 Box 25 Folder 1, University Archives, Virginia Baptist Historical Society.
Text Item Type Metadata
“Note "HEW Categories",” Race & Racism at the University of Richmond, accessed December 13, 2019, http://memory.richmond.edu/items/show/2515.