- Race and Racism Observed In UR Sororities
- Global Citizens: How to Integrate a Curriculum
- Dining Discrimination at the University of Richmond
- Lost Cause Ideology, Found at the University of Richmond
- Students of Color in the Messenger
- Westhampton College Traditions
- Racism in UR Fraternities (1947-1985)
- Resistance & Compliance
- The Title IX Controversy at UR
- "Dark Side of College Life"
- Chinese Student Experience
- Student Life and White Supremacy
- George Modlin's Segregated University of Richmond
- Students of Color at UR (1946-1971)
- Performance & Policy
- Silence in the Archives
- Black Student Experience at UR (1970-1992)
- Faculty Response to Institutional and National Change (1968-1973)
- Building the Web
- Something Wrong with the System
- Culture of Complacency
- On Campus but Not Welcomed
- Can I Survive?
- Where I Come From, You Recognize Humanity
- The Damage of the Affirmative Action Myth
- A Feather in Their Cap: The Story of Barry Greene (R'72)
- A Campus Divided
- Freeman Digitally Remastered
- Remembering the Forgotten: Black Staff Members (1946-1971)
- Spider of Color: Korean-American Representation at the University of Richmond
- Theater History at the University of Richmond
- Digital Stories
- Oral History Collection
- Browse Items
- Subjects List
Opinion "Stop Rape"
Opinion "Stop Rape"
An opinion piece written by the incoming Collegian editorial page editor, Strite Potter. Potter notes that he had not been aware rape occurs so often at the University of Richmond, and that "people usually equate rape with seedy people in seedy areas, not responsible people in a somewhat moral environment." Potter addresses "not the aggressors, but the victims." He states it is wrong to be afraid of the repercussions and stigma of pressing charges on the rapist. He says that people will believe them and stand behind victims. He ends the piece by noting: "Realize that you have more friends to lean on for support than you know of...You are not alone. You are not in the wrong, and should not feel guilty. You are the victim."
Potter, Strite. "Stop Rape." The University of Richmond Collegian 73, no. 22 (April 9, 1987): 1. https://collegian.richmond.edu/?a=d&d=COL19870409.2.11&e=-------en-20--1--txt-txIN-
The Collegian, University of Richmond
Text Item Type Metadata
Potter, Strite, “Opinion "Stop Rape",” Race & Racism at the University of Richmond, accessed April 4, 2020, https://memory.richmond.edu/items/show/2847.