- Race and Racism Observed In UR Sororities
- Global Citizens: How to Integrate a Curriculum
- Dining Discrimination at the University of Richmond
- Lost Cause Ideology, Found at the University of Richmond
- Students of Color in the Messenger
- Westhampton College Traditions
- Racism in UR Fraternities (1947-1985)
- Resistance & Compliance
- The Title IX Controversy at UR
- "Dark Side of College Life"
- Chinese Student Experience
- Student Life and White Supremacy
- George Modlin's Segregated University of Richmond
- Students of Color at UR (1946-1971)
- Performance & Policy
- Silence in the Archives
- Black Student Experience at UR (1970-1992)
- Faculty Response to Institutional and National Change (1968-1973)
- Building the Web
- Something Wrong with the System
- Culture of Complacency
- On Campus but Not Welcomed
- Can I Survive?
- Where I Come From, You Recognize Humanity
- The Damage of the Affirmative Action Myth
- A Feather in Their Cap: The Story of Barry Greene (R'72)
- A Campus Divided
- Freeman Digitally Remastered
- Remembering the Forgotten: Black Staff Members (1946-1971)
- Spider of Color: Korean-American Representation at the University of Richmond
- Theater History at the University of Richmond
- Digital Stories
- Oral History Collection
- Browse Items
- Subjects List
This poem from the Spring 1990 issue of the Messenger features an assumedly French female student who corrects a classmate's pronunciation of the word 'femme fatale.' Another classmate then reminds her that they aren't in France. The narrator then wonders if the girl's "Hermes scarf / feels like a / noose," evoking lynching or hanging. The title also contains a derogatory term; the term "Eurofag" condescendingly refers to someone who believes Europe is superior to the rest of the word. This term perpetuates the stereotype that associates Europeans and the LGBT community.
Lynch, Jennifer. "Eurofag." The Messenger (Spring 1990): 15. Available online via the UR Scholarship Repository.
The Messenger, University of Richmond
Text Item Type Metadata
Lynch, Jennifer, “Poem "Eurofag",” Race & Racism at the University of Richmond, accessed September 19, 2020, https://memory.richmond.edu/items/show/3278.