- Race and Racism Observed In UR Sororities
- Global Citizens: How to Integrate a Curriculum
- Dining Discrimination at the University of Richmond
- Lost Cause Ideology, Found at the University of Richmond
- Students of Color in the Messenger
- Westhampton College Traditions
- Racism in UR Fraternities (1947-1985)
- Resistance & Compliance
- The Title IX Controversy at UR
- "Dark Side of College Life"
- Chinese Student Experience
- Student Life and White Supremacy
- George Modlin's Segregated University of Richmond
- Students of Color at UR (1946-1971)
- Performance & Policy
- Silence in the Archives
- Black Student Experience at UR (1970-1992)
- Faculty Response to Institutional and National Change (1968-1973)
- Building the Web
- Something Wrong with the System
- Culture of Complacency
- On Campus but Not Welcomed
- Can I Survive?
- Where I Come From, You Recognize Humanity
- The Damage of the Affirmative Action Myth
- A Feather in Their Cap: The Story of Barry Greene (R'72)
- A Campus Divided
- Freeman Digitally Remastered
- Remembering the Forgotten: Black Staff Members (1946-1971)
- Spider of Color: Korean-American Representation at the University of Richmond
- Theater History at the University of Richmond
- Digital Stories
- Oral History Collection
- Browse Items
- Subjects List
This is a program for the 1984 University Players' production of Hiawatha, directed by Jack Welsh. The play is inspired by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's poem "The Song of Hiawatha," adapted by Michael Bognadov and with music by Jeff Teare. As well as including a listing of the cast and production staff, the program includes an insert describing the life of Hiawatha, described as "an Indian who lived some five-hundred years ago", and defines some terms used in the play, from an unidentified Native American language. The play featured a cast of fourteen people, including two swings; bios of these cast members are not included, and it is unknown if any of these actors portraying Native Americans are Native themselves.
Program "Hiawatha," 16 February 1984, RG 26.8.1 Box 25 Folder 2 "University Players" University Archives, Virginia Baptist Historical Society.
The University Players
Text Item Type Metadata
University Players, “Program "Hiawatha",” Race & Racism at the University of Richmond, accessed December 1, 2020, https://memory.richmond.edu/items/show/3522.