- Browse Items
- Browse Collections
- Browse Exhibits
- A Campus Divided
- A Feather in Their Cap: The Story of Barry Greene (R'72)
- Can I Survive?
- Culture of Complacency
- On Campus but Not Welcomed
- Something Wrong with the System
- Spider of Color: Korean-American Representation at the University of Richmond
- Theater History at the University of Richmond
- Where I Come From, You Recognize Humanity
- Building the Web
- The Damage of the Affirmative Action Myth
- Oral Histories
- About the Project
- Projects That Inspire Us
The Spider 1919
This photograph features the members of The Ministerial Association in 1918. The club was an on-campus Christian student organization at The University of Richmond, whose purpose was to bring together young Christian men in an effort to spread the Christian gospel. The photograph shows a majority of white students and one Chinese student, T.S. Cheung. Cheung was the only minority member of The Ministerial Association in 1918. He is also a member of the Young Men’s Christian Association, another on-campus organization that brings together Christian students.
Jepson Alumni Center
W.B. Loving, “Ministerial Association,” University of Richmond Race & Racism Project, accessed September 26, 2023, https://memory.richmond.edu/items/show/56.